Monday, October 29, 2012

New WIP: Great Horned Owl

While off from work today - hunkering down inside riding out "Frankenstorm" - I started work on an entry for the Randy Higbee Gallery's 6" Squared Exhibition & Sale. As you probably figured out, this piece is 6x6. I was working quickly today racing the storm to lay down an underpainting before the power went out. I used acrylics thinned with water to loosely lay down some colors. I will finish this piece off in oils but plan on leaving some of the drips and spatters alone as I think they look cool.
Click image to enlarge

7 comments:

martinealison said...

Une magnifique capture du regard... Un regard chouette!
Gros bisous à vous, j'espère que tout se passe bien pour vous en ce moment.

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Martine!

Kathryn Hansen said...

his intense eye just sets that whole piece...really beautiful!!

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Kathryn! The finished piece will be posted soon.

Marc Calvo said...

Beatifull eye sight of this great horned owl,this bright strokes give expression in his face.

Roger Brown My Botswana Art said...

Stunning I love your owl paintings!

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Roger! Owls are my favorite bird to paint.