Sunday, September 23, 2012

WIP: Great Blue Heron Update 2

I've returned to work on my Great Blue Heron painting this weekend after being away for awhile on a reference gathering trip to Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks. I really cannot wait to get started working on material from that trip but I must finish this guy first. I've pretty much worked on every section of the painting finessing and adding details except for the lower left area. More work will continue on it this evening.

Click image to enlarge.


6 comments:

Anne Maloney Assaff said...

This is lovely. I like the mood of the fading light.

Kelly Singleton said...

Anne, thank you.

John said...

This is beautiful Kelly! I really like the suggestion of detail in the bush to his left. Nice job on the water too!

Kelly Singleton said...

John, thanks! I hope to have this one done by the weekend so check back soon for the end result.

Colette Theriault said...

This is stunning already Kellyl. Looking forward to see the end result.

Marc Calvo said...

This looks like the birds that you find on the field, in the firts lights of the morning.For the cold tonalityes and thinny tonalityes of the colours.