Wednesday, July 4, 2012

New WIP: Bald Eagle Commission

On this 4th of July - Independence Day - I have started a fitting subject, a bald eagle. A young woman I know commissioned me to paint this bald eagle portrait for her husband who is serving in the U.S. Army and has been deployed overseas for quite some time. He loves eagles, so she thought a painting of one would be a nice welcome home present.

As you can see here, I have blocked the painting in using thinned oil paint. I will start to build up detail after this first layer dries. This piece measures 10x8 and is oil on linen.

1 comment:

martinealison said...

J'aime voir l'évolution de votre travail... Il est toujours très intéressant. Je suis certaine que votre peinture va plaire énormément au mari de votre cliente. Un très joli cadeau...

Gros bisous.