Monday, October 10, 2011

Finished: Painting of Whitetail Fawns

I finished this painting very late last night. This piece almost hit the trashcan this weekend as I was so frustrated with it at one point. The wet, dewy grass was giving me a fit. I just did not like how it was turning out. I took a break from it for a few days, just to look at it again with fresher eyes. I returned to it last night and salvaged it the best I could. I'm calling it done! This one is called "Misty Morning Fawns" and will be available at the Waterfowl Festival in Easton, MD next month.

Misty Morning Fawns, 12x16. oil on linen panel

2 comments:

Jennifer Taylor said...

Oh wow.. I love this.. How sweet and the details are amazing.. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Kelly Singleton said...

Jennifer - Thank you for the kind words...so glad to hear you like it!