Saturday, July 23, 2011

Finished: Cougar Painting

The finishing touches were put on the cougar last night and this morning. I used a combination of palette knife and brushstrokes to finish off the boulder and I used loose brushwork to finish off the background foliage. The whiskers were saved for last. Funny how when painting cats they just don't look right until the whiskers are put on! I'm calling this one "A Moment in the Sun".

Click on images to enlarge.


A Moment in the Sun, 16x12, oil on linen panel

A Moment in the Sun - Detail

4 comments:

Jill Iversen said...

Such good work!

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Jill :)

Caroline B said...

This has turned out beautifully - I love the light and warmth to it. I agree, the whiskers make a feline painting - I so enjoy seeing how a painting comes together when I add them at the end!

Kelly Singleton said...

Thanks Caroline :)