Saturday, June 18, 2011

New WIP: Sanderling in Watercolor

It's been a long time since I've done a watercolor. I've been purposely concentrating on oils for the last year trying to build up my skill and confidence with them. Recently, I just felt the desire to get back to my roots so to speak and do a watercolor. I liked this image of a sanderling I shot along the beach at Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge. Sanderlings are rarely still; they always seem to be running along the beach in a constant search for food. I captured this little fellow while dozing for just a minute. He had fluffed up his feathers and they were in the process of starting to flatten down. The bird's plumage, the subtle colors of the wet sand, the shadow, and reflection, all appealed to me.

Click on images to enlarge.



2 comments:

martinealison said...

Quelle délicate évolution de votre travail... vraiment très joli!
Je serai ravie de voir la suite...
Bonne continuation.
Bisous

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Martine :)