Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finished: Black Wolf

I spent the entire day yesterday working on the black wolf and finished it up last night. I'm not entirely pleased with this one...it did not turn out like I had hoped. In hindsight, I feel I should've painted it on a linen surface rather than the slicker Gessobord panel because I believe the textures would've looked better on the linen textured surface. Also, I think I overworked the texture. Oh well, it was a learning experience. That's what I will chalk this one up to. Let me know your thoughts. On to the next one.

Click on image to enlarge.


Black Wolf Study, 12x12, oil on Gessobord panel

4 comments:

Kelly Diggins said...

I think this is beautiful. I wish i could do something like this for fun. It would take me weeks!

Julia Ruffles | wildlife animal artist said...

I LOVE him! The eyes have such a sparkle and intrigue, and the background really makes the wolf POP! I don't think it is overworked at all, it is perfect :) Jules

hmuxo said...

I think you did an amazing job on this wolf!! Beautifully painted. Congratulations!

Kelly Singleton said...

Thanks Kelly! I was surprised how quickly I turned this one out. Mine usually take weeks too!

Thanks Julia! Glad you like it.

Thanks hmuxo! Glad to hear you like it as well :)