Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another Update on the Green Heron

I realized it's been awhile since I posted an update on the green heron. Sorry about that! He's slowly progressing along although I lost some steam on this piece after a few setbacks...I was sick with a miserable spring cold and then was involved in a car accident (I'm fine). I'm back at it now and this is where he stands as of yesterday. I'm trying to get the background in at the moment which involves alot of squinting and concentrating on shapes. The background is quite complicated with the reeds and other "shmootz" as I call it. I'm trying to keep this area soft so as not to take away from the focus - the green heron. I'm going to spend the rest of the day working on this piece so I'm going to get back to work. To all the mother's out there, have a Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Fran A.H. Alvarado said...

Hi Kelly,
and I'm glad you are well and you're back working. It is beautiful to see how a colleague works.

Go on with the work, it is fantastic.

Best regards

Erik said...

Coming along very nice Kelly! Good to hear you're ok.

Kelly Singleton said...

Fran and Erik, thanks for the nice words and for following along on this one!