Sunday, April 17, 2011

Update on Green Heron

Slowly but surely, work continues on the green heron. Yesterday was a great day to paint because it was pouring rain all day. I could not be distracted by playing outside. Today might be another story...it's beautiful outside! I managed to get most of the heron himself finished. His front leg remains unfinished and I need to do a few touch-ups on the beak and neck area. I slowed down a bit on this piece when I hit the heron because I wanted him to be accurately painted since he is the focal point. Now that he's out of the way (for the most part) I should be able to roll along at a quicker pace. We'll see...

2 comments:

Laurisa said...

I know what you mean. It's so hard to discipline yourself to concentrating on the subject until it is completely complete before moving on and dancing over other areas of the background and details.

I even have a tendancy (or had when I was younger) to color coloring book pages by starting with the carachter's eyes and head (horses especially) then dancing down the neck, jumping to the hooves and tail, etc. and once the horse was completed never finishing the background or being meticulate about it.

Francisco J. Hernández said...

un sabio pincel el que tu mano maneja ..