Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Richeson 75: Small Works 2011 Competition

I've been working so hard to finish my Harris Hawk painting that I forgot to mention my watercolor "Melati - Sumatran Tiger" was juried into the Richeson 75: Small Works 2011 Competition sponsored by The Richeson School of Art & Gallery and Art Calendar Magazine. Seventy-five two-dimensional works of art under 144 square inches were selected. The show will be on exhibit at the Richeson Gallery in Kimberly, Wisconsin from Feb 7 - March 25, 2011.


Melati - Sumatran Tiger, 8 x 11, watercolor on hot press paper

6 comments:

Fran A.H. Alvarado said...

Wonderful watercolour. The use of turquoise in the background contrasts very well with the yellow of the tiger.
Beautiful!
Cheers, Fran

Kelly Singleton said...

Fran, thank you for the kind words.
Cheers to you,
Kelly

Sharon Whitley said...

beautiful!

Kelly Singleton said...

Sharon - Thank you!

Bo.B said...

Your Watercolour is amazing!!!!!
I have chosen this painting to do for one of my school assingments but that needs some questions such as:
Your date of birth,and your nationality.
I am not a random person wanting your personal details, just simply a school girl that needs good marks!
I understand if you feel uncomfortable with this and thats fine, but if you could then that would be amazing!!!
Thankyou so much
Bo

Kelly Singleton said...

Thanks Bo. B. Send me an email to ksinart@gmail.com and I'd be happy to answer your questions.