Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Progress on the Bison

The bison is still progressing along. It's almost finished, so this will probably be the last progress shot before I post the finished painting. Alot has been worked on since the last update. The bison himself is nearly complete; I still need to work on his shedding coat and some other small details. I started work on the foreground grass and I darkened the grasses in the background on the stream bank. The bison's feathered friends have not been touched yet. I'll complete them when I decide the bison is done.

10 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I love all your work.

Anudeepa Kadiresan said...

All your paintings are beautiful.
This bison looks awesome.

Kelly Singleton said...

Bonnie, Anudeepa: Thanks so much for your remarks!

martinealison said...

Impressionnant!

Gary Keimig said...

He is looking mighty regal Kelly.

Kelly Singleton said...

martinealison, Gary: Thank you!

StaticNoise said...

Love your art. You inspire me. Very interesting that you post your progress. I have always wanted to keep my paintings under wraps until they were as perfect as I could make them before I let anyone but my wife see them... May I suggest a website where you should consider posting your work?

http://www.paintingsilove.com/

http://www.paintingsilove.com/artist/craigwillms

Måns Sjöberg said...

Wonderful! I love simple and tasteful paintings like this one!

Kelly Singleton said...

Mans: Thanks so much. I will be posting the finished painting later next week.

Kelly Singleton said...

StaticNoise: Thanks for the website suggestion and for the kind remarks. I know alot of artists feel the way you do and do not like to show their work until they're finished. With this blog, I wanted to show all the ugly stages and struggles of a painting in progress. Painting is work; it's not easy. Thought some would find it interesting to see all the hard work that goes into a piece.