Sunday, May 9, 2010

Exhibition News: 50th Art and the Animal

I am very proud and honored to have had my work selected for the Society of Animal Artist's 50th Annual ART AND THE ANIMAL Exhibition to be displayed from September 1 through October 31, 2010 at the San Diego Natural History Museum. My watercolor, Driftwood Perch, was one of the approximately 150 pieces chosen out of 430 entries from 235 artists. Knowing the caliber of talent in this group, I am especially proud to have been chosen. Thank you SAA for selecting my work and congratulations to the fellow SAA members who were accepted. San Diego here I come!


Driftwood Perch, watercolor, 20 x 14.5


Driftwood Perch (detail)

10 comments:

InĂªs Monteiro said...

Dear Kelly,I have following your work and I am happy that you have been selected for the Exhibition of "Art and the Animal"!You really have to be proud of yoursef!
Congratulations!
I am Portuguese and live in Portugal!
I live in the country for I am a wine producer.I draw and paint for over fifteen years therefore I appreciate all arts.If you wish to visit my blog the address is:
jardimdaignez.blogspot.com
Be happy!

Peter Brown said...

Kelly, I'm not at all surprised that this piece was selected, however, I am surprised that it's still in your possession!

Tracey Clarke said...

Congratulations, Kelly. I am not surprised at all. Your work is phenomenal.

Kelly Singleton said...

Ines, Peter, and Tracey: Thank you all for the kind words. It's a huge honor.

Gary Keimig said...

congratulations Kelly. It is such a super piece I know it will be a favorite.

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing style.Please keep on working hard.^^

Valley Art Project said...

I have but one word...BEAUTIFUL!!

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Gary, maybe, and Valley Art Project!

46175 said...

woooho wow
really awesome works

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Wow, impressive work, this painting shines! Congratulations.