Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Works

Here's another little drawing of a snow leopard I was able to complete while awaiting for computer access at the new job. I now finally have access so the "work series" will cease at 2. This one measures 4x6 and is on Strathmore bristol paper. I rendered this using a mechanical pencil and an Ebony pencil.



Sorry that I didn't take any in-progress shots of this next piece. It went so quickly that I just didn't bother to take any. This is an oil painting of Blackwater Refuge in Cambridge, MD. It's one of my favorite places. This is a bit of a departure from my normal work. The landscape is the prominent subject rather than the animal. I worked from a reference photo that I took last spring. It was a gray, overcast day and in the dead snag, there was a bald eagle surveying its territory. I liked the atmosphere and the lone eagle.


Gray Day at Blackwater, oil on 2" cradled panel, 6x12


Gray Day at Blackwater (Detail); the eagle is about a 1/4 inch tall.

3 comments:

Paula Waterman said...

Nice! I know exactly where you are!

martinealison said...

Beau travail et oups! c'est fou d'aller se percher si haut!

Adrienne said...

Kelly, I really like this one!