Monday, April 5, 2010

A Drawing and Some Exhibition News

Sorry for the long absence from the blog. My free time of late has been consumed with projects that have taken time away from my painting. I also recently returned to the workforce after being unemployed for 6 months. I found work as a graphic artist for a Government contractor at a nearby Army base. It's my 3rd week at the new job and I'm still waiting for computer access. I have a computer...I just cannot log on to it. There's a long drawn out list of procedures that have to be followed before one is able to log on to their computer. Credentials have to be verified, classes taken, etc, etc. I've heard that it takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks average (sometimes even longer) to be able to log on. Since I cannot do any work without a computer, instead of being bored to tears, I decided to bring a drawing to work on to pass the time. Here's what I did:



It's a portrait of a barred owl and it measures 4" x 6". I've already started a second drawing at the same size of a snow leopard. I think I'll keep doing these little drawings until I am granted precious access to the system. I think I'll call this series of drawings my "Work Series". HA! HA!

Some exhibition news...
3 of my paintings (Driftwood Perch, Melati, and Good to the Last Bite) have been juried into "From Fur to Feathers" an exhibition of animal art at the Schuler School of Fine Arts in Baltimore, MD. The show will run from April 17-25. See invite for more info.

Also, I received an invitation to participate in the 40th Waterfowl Festival in Easton, MD this November. I'm excited to be showing at this event once again! I have LOTS of work to do, so I'll be posting some new stuff soon.

5 comments:

Adventures in Art said...

Congratulations on your successes!

martinealison said...

Bravo pour ce succès. Elle est chouette votre chouette!

Caroline B said...

Found your blog & website while randomly blog-hopping - you have some lovely work. I particularly like the lion on your site - just painted a pair of lions myself!

James F. Smith said...

Love the pencil!! What kind of paper? Always interested on how to work on the different papers!!
Jim

maria kovalenko leysens said...

Wow, enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing your process and progress of your images. Lovely work.