Monday, February 1, 2010

New WIP: Fox Watercolor

I started this new watercolor last week of a fox along a snowy streambed. It measures 13 x 14 inches. This painting came about after a recent photo excursion in nearby Susquehanna State Park. One of the first photos I took was of this stream. It was early morning and I loved the sunlight filtering through the trees, the puffy snow on the rocks, the shadows being cast, the roots of the tree clinging to the bank, and the dark reflective water. I thought this would make a great setting for a red fox.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

The dark water is so cool! I love it. And you're right, a red fox will look great with that. I can't wait to see it completed.

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Adrienne. I think the fox will add a nice touch of warm color to this otherwise blue painting. Stay tuned.