Monday, September 21, 2009

Finished - Pronghorn painting

So sorry for my long abscence from the blog. As some of you know, I was recently laid off from my day job so I've been busy with the hassles of filing for unemployment and looking for a new job, which seems to be a job in itself. Wish I was able to support myself on my paintings alone, but it's just not possible right now. Ahh...someday. Until then, I'll keep working hard and do what I have to do. Ok, enough of this downer stuff about being unemployed...You may remember I was working on a painting of a pronghorn...well, here it is all finished! Hope you like it!

Presenting Resting Pronghorn...


Resting Pronghorn, acrylic on panel, 11 x 20

Resting Pronghorn (detail)

6 comments:

Peter Brown said...

Kelly, this series of progress shots has been like a mini-tutorial and I'm pleased to see the finished article at last. Nice work!

With the opportunity to devote more time to your painting, I wonder if a tiny part of you hopes you don't find another day job too soon! I hope it all works out for you Kelly.

Clive Meredith said...

hi kelly,this one has been worth waiting for!.sorry to hear about your misfortune,hope you get a break soon.

Adrienne said...

I love your use of blue in this painting! The sky reflecting off the pronghorn's fur... beautiful!

Kelly Singleton said...

Peter: Thanks, so nice to hear this WIP was helpful for you and yes, I'm rather enjoying the extra time to paint!

Clive: Thank you for the kind compliment and I'm sure something better is around the bend :)

Adrienne: Thank you! So glad you like it and nice to hear from you.

Gary Keimig said...

really did come out nice Kelly. One of my favorite animals that I have had the pleasure of being around my whole life.

Kelly Singleton said...

Gary: Thanks. You are very fortunate to live near these beautiful animals.