Friday, August 14, 2009

New WIP - Pronghorn

Here is the latest painting on the easel; a pronghorn in acrylic, size 11 x 20. I observed this handsome male pronghorn resting one early summer morning while visiting the National Bison Range in Montana a few years ago. It's a wonderful place to observe pronghorn and other wildlife native to the area. The scenery isn't too bad either! This is one of those paintings I've had stirring in my mind for awhile, knowing I was going to paint it, but just never getting around to it. Now's finally the time...


2 comments:

Clive Meredith said...

looking great so far kelly,lovely looking animals!.i often think the images we artists store away in our future paintings part of the brain come out the best!

Kelly Singleton said...

Clive, thanks. I will post an update soon. Have been a tad distracted lately (I'm losing my job). It is good to finally bring this image out of my head.