Thursday, July 16, 2009

News - "Driftwood Perch" Selected for National Exhibition

I received notification that my watercolor Driftwood Perch has been accepted into the 24th Annual Bosque (formerly Conservatory) Art Classic in Clifton, Texas. This year, over 975 entries were received - the largest entry year yet. This is my first time entering the exhibit and I am very happy to be a part of it!

The show opens at the Bosque Arts Center September 12, 2009 and runs for two weeks, closing September 27th.

The opening night reception and awards presentation is Saturday, September 12. Reservations are required.

Over $14,500 in awards are offered in several categories. Joshua Rose, Editor of Western Art Collector Magazine, is this year's judge.

Driftwood Perch, watercolor, 20 x 14.5

6 comments:

PGM35 said...

Awesome! I think they (the aunts) might like to go and attend the reception to represent for you! That would be so cool!

Johnny said...

Congratulations Kelly! It's a beautiful painting.

Peter Brown said...

Kelly, I remember this one - love it!

Can you please give some insight into the typical life cycle of your paintings after they're completed? Are they immediately offered for sale, or do you like to hold them back for entry into one (or more?) shows, as you're doing with this one?

Clive Meredith said...

congratulations,lovely image

Kelly Singleton said...

Thanks so much guys!

Peter, typically my paintings are always available for sale after they're completed. Some paintings like this one I paint as entries into shows. In this case, it did not get into the show I intended it for and it hadn't sold yet, so I tried entering it into this show. This time it was accepted. I feel if certain pieces are show-worthy and they have not sold yet, I might as well try entering them into shows. It's better to get them out there where they have a chance to be seen rather than sitting in my house!

Peter Brown said...

Kelly, thanks for that information and good luck with the show.