Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Good News - Work to be Included in Major Exhibition

Yesterday, I received jury results from the Society of Animal Artists' Annual Exhibition and from Birds in Art - 2 biggies in the animal art world. I got the "big" envelope from the SAA but sadly not from Birds in Art. The competition is tough in both of these major shows. I am delighted and proud though that I was able to get into one! My grizzly cub painting Bear Clawin' was chosen for the 49th Annual Exhibition of the Society of Animal Artists, to be displayed from September 5 through November 1, 2009 at Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure in Salina, KS.

Bear Clawin', acrylic, 11x14

11 comments:

Tracey Clarke said...

Congrats, Kelly!...And I love seeing the Owl in progress.....way cool! Your work is just magic...

Kelly Singleton said...

Thanks Tracey -- much appreciated!

Gary Keimig said...

congratulations and a great piece. It is way cool.

davelarson said...

Congrats! This piece is very deserveing!
What piece did you submit to Birds in Art?

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Gary and Dave!

Dave, the piece I submitted to Birds in Art was "Driftwood Perch". You can see it here on the blog a few posts back.

Terry Miller said...

Hey Kelly,

Well, as I said back a few posts ago, that Birds in Art entry of yours was a stunner, at least in my estimation. Too bad the jury did not agree, but I am glad to see that your bear cub made it into the SAA show. One out of two is not that bad.

I will miss seeing you in Wausau this fall, but there is always the next go'round. That piece, though, should have been in this go'round!

My best ......

Kelly Singleton said...

Hi Terry,

Thanks so much for the kind note. I will miss seeing you in Wausau this fall.

I am contemplating entering Driftwood Perch in another exhibition. I may even try re-entering it in BIA next year. We'll see...

My best to you as well!

Elizabeth McCrindle said...

Stunning work :)

Kelly Singleton said...

Thanks Elizabeth

Jim Bortz said...

Hi Kelly. Way to go getting in the SAA exhibition! I absolutely love "Bear Clawin'". When I came across this piece, it stopped me right in my cybertracks. You are very deserving of the honor.

I will miss you at Birds in Art. It was great to see you last year :)

Kelly Singleton said...

Jim: HA HA! It stopped you in your cybertracks?!?! That's one I've never heard before. Wow...I'm so glad you like it!