Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finished - Kestrel Painting / Friday's Opening @ Arts by the Bay

Well, the kestrel painting is finally completed! It was quite the undertaking. I started this one 2 years ago and had to keep putting it aside to work on other things. It's so satisfying to see it finally completed. The final strokes were put on it last weekend. Then, I quickly ran it to my photographer because I am entering this one in Birds in Art. The deadline is April 15th, so I finished it just in the nick of time! I do hope you enjoy it...and that the BIA judges will enjoy it as well!


Driftwood Perch, watercolor, 20 x 14.5


Detail of kestrel from Driftwood Perch

I also wanted to thank everyone that came out Friday night to the opening reception @ Arts by the Bay Gallery. The reception was very well attended...in fact, it was quite packed! It was nice to meet and chat with the attendees and the other local artists included in the show. I talked so much that I almost lost my voice at the reception! Anyone that knows me would find this hard to believe, because I'm not the big talker, but there were many people that were interested in learning about my art and background. Thanks to everyone for all your nice comments about my work!

7 comments:

Peter Brown said...

Kelly, I've been waiting patiently for this one! I can imagine what a great sense of achievement (and relief) you must feel after working on this for so long. It looks like it was worth the effort - well done!

Gary Keimig said...

I've been waiting too to see how you pulled it off. I agree, very well done.

Kelly Singleton said...

Peter:
Thank you! Yes, I am relieved and satisfied that this one is finally done. It was a challenge! On to the next one...

Kelly Singleton said...

Gary:
Thank you! I certainly hope I pulled it off anyway!

Terry Miller said...

Hi Kelly,
Well, this sure is a stunning work and I also hope the B in A jury will find it equally irresistable. Your composition is really wonderful. I hope we shall both have reason to be in Wausau in September.

Kelly Singleton said...

Hi Terry,
Thank you very much for the kind words! I look forward to seeing your entry and I do hope that we'll both make it to Wausau too!

davelarson said...

Wonderful Composition