Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birds in Art

I'm off to Wausau, Wisconsin this evening to participate in this weekend's opening festivities for Birds in Art at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum. I am very honored to once again be included in this highly regarded show that presents the very best artistic interpretations of birds. My watercolor painting "Break in the Ice - Hooded Mergansers" was selected for the exhibition. The show opens to the public Saturday September 6 and runs through November 9, 2008.
Break in the Ice - Hooded Mergansers, watercolor, 8x16

4 comments:

Johnny said...

Kelly, this is beautiful! Congratulations and have a good weekend in Wausau.

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you John! I had a wonderful weekend. It was so great to meet and talk with so many artists that I admire. BTW, I loved your Birds in Art entry (saw it on your blog). I cannot for the life of me understand why it did not get in! I'd resubmit it next year. From what I understand, several of the works that were accepted this year were rejected last year.
Take care,
Kelly

Terry Miller said...

Hey Kelly,
As it was two years ago, it was great fun to share the opening weekend of 'BinA' with you. I was glad that the Maryland contingent seemed to have it all this year!
Here's hoping that all of we Marylanders will make it back in 2009. In the meantime, best wishes to you and I hope we will run into each other before September 09.

Kelly Singleton said...

Terry,
It was great seeing you again too. And as always, your piece was wonderful. That was pretty neat that us Marylanders made such a strong showing! I look forward to seeing the MD group photo of us... hopefully my eyes are not too squinty from that blaring sun in the eyes! Yes, here's hoping we all make it back in '09. All the best, Kelly