Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birds in Art 2008 - Opening Weekend

I had another wonderful time at this past weekend's Birds in Art opening festivities . The artwork was incredible. I got to meet and revisit so many wonderful artists including some that I've admired for many years. My two personal big artist influences were in attendance; Robert Bateman and Carl Brenders. It was a real treat to talk with them and see their work in person. My home state of Maryland had a strong showing of artists - a total of 8 were representing our fine state. The great Jim Morgan was honored with the coveted Master Artist award. I don't know him personally, but he seems like a humble, quiet man that just wants his work to speak for itself. I can certainly relate to that. His paintings were amazing in person. A true master.

Birds in Art will be on view at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum until November 9, 2008. Please check it out if you are near the Wausau, WI area or when the exhibition goes on its national tour. For more great photos from the show, check out fellow Maryland artist Terry Miller's blog.

Me and my painting at the private artists viewing.

My image and statement in the Birds in Art catalog.

4 comments:

Terry Miller said...

Hey Kelly,
Thanks for the note on my blog page and of course you can link back from here.
It was nice to see you again in Wausau and your beautiful work. I too, hope we will all be there again a year from now.

Carol Lambert said...

Congratulations Kelly! What a pleasure to read about this show and to look at the links you provided in your posting. I am so impressed with all this beautiful work, you are in good company! May you continue to have success!

Kelly Singleton said...

Thank you Carol!

Ray Brown said...

Kelly,
Thanks for the compliment on my pronghorn drawing. And congratulations to you on Birds in Art! Truly a well deserved feather in your cap (pun intended). Great work!

---Ray