Thursday, July 24, 2008

2008 Kentucky National Wildlife Art Exhibit

I am proud to announce that my watercolor "A Look Back" has been selected for the 2008 Kentucky National Wildlife Art Exhibit in Henderson, Kentucky. It is one of 76 pieces selected from 26 states to be included in this biannul exhibition. The exhibition runs from September 27th through November 7th at the Henderson Fine Arts Center. The scenery depicted is in Susquehanna State Park in Havre de Grace, MD. This is in the Steppingstone area of the park which was a former farm. Whitetail deer are abundant in the park so they were appropriate wildlife subjects for my painting. I love the light in the early evening, how everything just glows; it's my favorite time to be in the park. This was one of those evenings...

A Look Back, watercolor, 13.5"x18"

No comments: